Thursday, May 8, 2008



I'm Rebekah and I blog at dontcallmebecky. I started quilting after I purchased my sewing machine back in 2006. I've become a fabric collector since then and I love making quilts that are either modern or quilts that show off a particular fabric collection. I can get a little impatient with the whole sewing process, so I usually like to stick with patterns and quilts that aren't too fussy or complicated. You can see the rest of my quilts in the quilting section on my blog. The two books that have inspired most of my quilting have been The Modern Quilt Workshop and Denyse Schmidt Quilts. If you don't already own these books, you should definitely check them out!

My favorite quilts are usually the one that I just finished or the one that I've been using around my house most frequently. Above is a quilt that I just made for a friend who had a baby last month and below is my trusty knitting/reading/tv watching quilt that I use almost daily.

I'm so glad that Melissa had the great idea to start this group and I'm looking forward to working with all of these creative women in the next year!

3 comments:

John said...

Wow, some of my very favorite crafty bloggers all in one place! This is sure to be a great project. I'm a little jealous that I can't participate, but I'll be anxiously watching to see what y'all come up with. Have a great time!

bettyninja said...

I adore, this bottom quilt. The colors are great

jacquie said...

Your quilts are amazing. I appreciate all the organizing you've done to get this group up and running!