Monday, February 15, 2010

A funny thing happened on the way to the sewing machine...

Carissa, you are probably going to think I had too much fun putting your blocks together. When pulling scraps, I kept thinking about what sort of books would have these fabrics for covers and then I started putting the "books" with "similar topics" together.   Thus, we have a section of cook books...

gardening books, and books on mid-century modern design.

In this photograph, the books to the left and the right are novels. Those in the center have titles like "Parenting Your Teen." Oh dear.

I hope you like them. If they are too novelty for you, feel free to leave them out. Stitch them into placements or something. :)

And Jacquie, here are your crosses. I've no funny stories to go along with these, but they do make me laugh because I was watching "Lost" while piecing them and every time I see them I think about "Lost" and how someone described it as similar to "getting really drunk and reading a choose-your-own-adventure book from back to front."

Both packages were posted last week so you should have them soon!

4 comments:

jacquie said...

rossie,
they arrived on saturday! i can't tell you how much i love them. they are even better in person!! thanks so much.

abcgirl said...

Rossie--you crack me up. you KNOW that i love a good story to go along with my quilt design! :)

abcgirl said...

oh, and p.s. i DO love the way they all turned out and can't wait to add them to the "shelves" that are already here!

Rebekah said...

I love how you divided the books...the future librarian in me is smiling :)