Thursday, January 15, 2009

Two Hearts

When Oiyi posted her idea for Melody's quilt, I was so excited. Loved the idea, but I had so much trouble thinking of what to make. I went for a traditional heart block. I played with the idea of lots of one inch strips because of the small scale of the fabrics she sent. This is the final product. A big heart for mom.

Since I did so much experimenting before I made the block I had lots of sections of strips left over. This was one of the practice hearts, so instead of letting it go to waste I made it into a smaller heart for Melody. Most of these are fabrics I had in my stash. I didn't dare cut into hers until I knew I could make this idea work. I had some of the same ones that Oiyi sent, and I tried to stay small scale, so I hope this works too. Oiyi, maybe this could go on the back?

It'll be in the mail tomorrow. Sorry it took me so long.

6 comments:

Lunden said...

Wow! These are beautiful and so inspiring.

Oiyi said...

It's gorgeous. I love both of them. I am so wowed by your talent. Thank you!!

Karen said...

Absolutely adorable;) Great job!

Rebekah said...

These are beautiful! I love the patchwork hearts!

jenny said...

These are great!

One Shabby Chick said...

Wow Jacquie - these are beautiful! I love them both.