Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monster Catch Up!

Ok I am finally caught up! I have blocks for Carissa, Amber, Nadia, Oiyi and Jenny! Sorry for the delay. They'll be in the mail tomorrow, I promise!

For Carissa's car quilt I made a road (with crosswalks) and an intersection:
Common Threads: Carissa 2

Common Threads: Carissa 1

For Amber, two log cabins (LOVE the fabric, by the way).
Common Threads: Amber 1

Common Threads: Amber 2

For Nadia, I couldn't quite make it to the 15x15 inch size. It's about 13 inches square, but I felt like if I added anything it would take away from the block. The embroidery was fun too:
Common Threads: Nadia

Common Threads: Nadia close up

For Oiyi (and little Melody) I made a patchwork heart block complete with a couple log cabins. I took apart and sewed back together this block SO many times, but I like how it finally turned out:
Common Threads: Oiyi

And last but not least, Jenny's block. I was planning on using the block from Denyse Schimdt's apron in her book, but I couldn't find my book! This one was free pieced. Fun, and I really like how it turned out. The colors are not sad at all. In fact, for my month I think I'm going to do another gray and orange quilt...
Common Threads: Jenny

Thank you all for being so patient with me!

7 comments:

jacquie said...

definitely worth the wait, lynn...these are great blocks...and you're caught up! yeah!!

One Shabby Chick said...

Great job Lynn - love them all. Jenny's is amazing!

Oiyi said...

Hurray for getting all caught up. I love my block!! Thank you so much. And Jenny's block looks so amazing. Great Job.

flanthrower said...

All the blocks look fantastic! I especially love the last one.

Liz Harvatine said...

Lynn, I love you. Although I am one worse than you (I haven't finished my tree house block yet!) it is so comforting to know that I am not the only one who is massively behind. Thankfully, I've got a three day weekend and a picked up house before me so I'm just going to plow right through! I'll hopefully be at the post office Tuesday morning.

abcgirl said...

they look great, thank you!!

bettyninja said...

Great monster catch ip! I love all the blocks!