Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Piano Keys

Here is my completed block for Rebekah:
Rebekah's Block cropped
I loved the mushroom fabric, so I knew I wanted to showcase at least one of the mushrooms. My original plan was to do a wonky log cabin, but with all the black and red it didn't turn out quite right, so I started piecing pieces together randomly. I did the left side first and it reminded me of piano keys since they were almost alternating. After that I decided to do the right side in a similar fashion. I added the black swirly fabric to break things up a bit.

This block was pretty fun. Definitely made me quilt differently than I usually do!

2 comments:

jacquie said...

It's very fun! Love the fussy cut mushroom!

One Shabby Chick said...

This is great - Love the "name" too! It's pretty fun yeah - once you finally cut into the fabric.