Sunday, August 10, 2008

BYE-BYE, BIRDIE

Well, after weeks of thinking about these birds and how to design this block, I ended up doing four separate blocks and then sewing them together, trying to place them so the entire block was not too "busy," but I'm not sure that was so successful, and I can't decide if I like it - although I do think the photo doesn't do it justice. I do hope it will blend in enough with the rest of the beautiful blocks Melissa has received... I can't wait to see her finished quilt... I only wish I weren't so tardy sending this to her! On to the next block...




































3 comments:

Kay said...

I think it's very cool! Great job!

Lunden said...

Looks great. I can't wait to see it in person.

Rebekah said...

I love how this is so asymmetrical! It reminds me a lot of the quilts of Gee's Bend