Tuesday, June 1, 2010

really wonky

dear jess,

you said, "the wonkier, the better" right? here is a very wonky star for you. somehow the finished size is only 12" (not 12.5)--perhaps my 1/4" seams weren't scant enough? perhaps i have baby brain? i thought about cutting it down to the 9.5" size, but then i'd lose the tip of at least one of the triangles, and that would look weird, so i hope you can find a way to use this shrimpy block.

i'd originally planned to make two stars for you, but i'd like to get this sent to you (so it doesn't sit on my to-do list for the next three months), so for now i hope it's okay if i send you just one maverick star. plus, i just don't trust myself to be able to do the math to make one that will actually end up the correct size.

love the colors, love the plan, can't wait to see what you do with all your stars!

:)
carissa

3 comments:

Jessica Christensen said...

Carissa, I love the super-wonkiness of it! It's great! And no worries. I'll be able to use it. Thanks!

Rebekah said...

I have the same problem when I do maverick stars, Carissa. Those tricky seam allowances get me all the time :)

Bonnie Hull said...

this one is beautiful