Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's my turn!

It's my month! I've been waiting so patiently. :) You'll be getting your packages from me soon, which will contain a few different blues, creamy whites, & tiny pops of color.

I have had this photo in my inspiration file for a long time, & I've lost the source. If any of you know where the original is, please tell me so I can take this one down & link to the original! I am asking you to make blocks in the style of the blocks in this quilt, but with the negative space reversed (blue backgrounds & white strips, with blue around the edges). I would love for you to add pieces of your own blue if you have some, but please keep the hue & shade of the blue as close to my fabrics as possible. I would also love to have some tiny pops of other saturated colors as well!

I am asking for 12.5" blocks. I hope I have sent enough fabric! Please send back any extra blue, but it's not necessary to send back any other scraps. Thank you guys so much!



7 comments:

Rebekah said...

what an awesome inspiration quilt! I can't wait to get started on this one :)

Rossie said...

very cool!
this is going to be fun!

jacquie said...

great jess! should be such fun!

abcgirl said...

wow! i've never seen anything quite like your inspiration quilt--it's fantastic! What a great one to get lots of different people contributing their own quirky variations too! :)

One Shabby Chick said...

this is going to be so cool! Love your inspiration quilt!

Digs (Amanda Carestio) said...

wow! I love your inspiration quilt... lots of room for lovely wonkiness!

Jessica Christensen said...

This is going to be beautiful, so cool when it's done.