Wednesday, March 18, 2009

jacquie's block

Like just about everyone else, I love this fabric. And yes, I have a bit of it in my stash. Until Jacquie's challenge, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but now it just might become a quilt for my son too.
I really wanted to showcase the fantastic tree and deer in the cut I received of the paint by number fabric. The best way to keep that part intact was a diagonal seam. I hope this is enough of a "nonblock" for him. The way the solids play off the sides of the paint fabric makes me very happy.
Posted by Picasa


Lynn said...

Very cute. and I'm glad you talked yourself out of that one!

Lynn said...

Hmm, I realize that didn't make much sense, but I meant the hand applique you were thinking of doing... from your blog.

The diagonal line looks great.

jacquie said...

as i said on your blog...this is fantastic!!!

One Shabby Chick said...

Just beautiful - I love the lines..really great job!

Rebekah said...

beautiful! I love how you featured most of the deer print...and I definitely think you did the right thing by not adding some paint by number embroidery for extra emphasis :)