Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wendy's Block



I pretty much followed the piecing on the block seen here that Wendy mentioned as block inspiration. This was my first time cutting fabric without a rotary cutter and ruler. Picking up the scissors definitely helped to make this block less straight linear than the log cabins I've tried in the past.

The colors of these fabrics are gorgeous. It was so much fun to work with deep jewel tones. Can't wait to see the finished quilt hanging over your couch, Wendy!

5 comments:

jenny said...

it's beautiful.

Wendy said...

I'm so loving this week. It's like getting a present each time I turn on the computer!

I love it!!

Allie said...

That's fabulous!!!!

Andi said...

Looks amazing.
I must have a go at putting my rotary cutter aside too.
Andi :-)

Karen L R said...

I love the idea of a virtual quilting bee! And that you all are all over the country. Way cool. And the blocks are fun to watch.

I am hosting a fabric giveaway, check out my Friday posting. Good stuff for kids. Or kids at heart. :-}