Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Red Cross Quilt

I started with this wonderful embroidery and made it a focal point...I adored that teeny tiny cross too.
I planned something totally different when I first thought about this project, but it evolved into this and I'm pretty happy with it.
I had another bee make crosses for me as well, and of course they got all mixed up in the process. I'm working on making this two sided with another cross design on the back.
Thanks so much for all the unique crosses you made for me. Not done, but at least it's in progress.

12 comments:

One Shabby Chick said...

oh wow Jacquie - this is absolutely gorgeous!

jenny said...

I love the layout - it is terrific!

Jessica said...

So pretty! Well done everyone.

Gloria Huang said...

Hi, this is Gloria from the American Red Cross! I just featured your post on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/redcross?ref=ts

Great job on the quilt, and I am sure it will look amazing when finished. :)

Sarah said...

I'm so happy you like the embroidery! I figured my literal take on your request would be your least favorite, so thank you for being pleased with my cheekiness!

Rebekah said...

absolutely amazing! I love how this came together!

Cathy said...

Wow. That is amazing! I just released a patriotic quilt pattern as part of a new collection I am working on. I am glad to see others working on Red Cross quilts.

Cathy
Cat's Quilt Art

Wendy said...

I just love the simple color palette. And I'm thrilled to see my wee cross there!

Waterrose said...

Love your quilt and the colors!

Unknown said...

Wonderful post, really cute and beautiful. I was interested by your comment,
Cheap Flights to Sydney
Flights to Johannesburg
Harare flights,

Nana said...

Just wonderful!!!!!!

Nana

madzutech said...

wow. its awesome
congrates. i love it