Thursday, October 1, 2009

October is upon us!

Yay! It’s my turn! I am making a quilt like this:


That's a Yoshiko Jinzenji quilt from her book “Simple Quilts.” Genius, huh? I'm making one for my bed. What I need help making are blocks like this:

The trick is, these blocks spell out words using a code! I will mail the fabric out in the morning; included are more detailed instructions and the code.

I hope you enjoy making these: they look more difficult to construct than they are—you just have to dive in! The fabrics are Kona Cottons, which I've over-dyed just a smidgen for a richer, more organic look.

(that says WILD) your blocks will look like this, except longer.

I can't wait to see what you make!
-Rossie

10 comments:

One Shabby Chick said...

How cool - and totally different! Can't wait to get your instructions and fabric!!

Rebekah said...

what a cool quilt and concept! Can't wait to get started on this one.

jacquie said...

so fun...she is a genius! i'm need to get to amy's blocks this weekend, so i'm caught up when yours arrives! where did september go?

CitricSugar said...

I cannot wait to see what you all do with this one - absolutely inspired!

Sarah said...

So far, I've written "Once Upon A Time" and "Don't Panic." I have fabric left. Any requests?

Wendy said...

I've picked out my word! This is so fun and unique!

Rossie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rossie said...

wow Sarah! great choices so far. : )

If you are up for it, "start making" and "together" come to mind.

-Rossie

Digs (Amanda Carestio) said...

This is fun, though it took me a while to get into the swing of things. Headed your way soon!

RWL said...

so cool!