Thursday, September 11, 2008

A tree house for Betty

So here is my block for August - 

I did have a couple ideas in mind for this one but decided to go with the simplest route so I knew I would finish it.


I loved the idea of a curling staircase although mine kinda looks like a looping rope ladder but... oh well.

I loved using lots of different stitches on this one and the applique was fun to do! 

Betty wanted us to write our names on these so I added mine and Hubby's initials to the tree...

This was a very fun idea - thanks Betty!

5 comments:

jacquie said...

totally cute! love the twisting ladder!

bettyninja said...

Seriously- I can't beleive how much wonderful things are happening in this block- the twisting stair case, the initials on the tree, the wonderful details of the house, and how the tree top goes right off the quilt block. AMazing! I can't beleive I am so lucky to get all these wonderful blocks. Thanks guys!

Linda said...

Great idea to do a twisting ladder! Too cute!

Mariangeles M said...

So cute!!!

Rebekah said...

this is so adorable! I love the twisting ladder. Such a cute house :)