Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Last Block




Hello, Ladies. Well, I finally managed to cut up my material and now just have to package it up and get it in the mail. It will go out to all of you by Saturday at the latest. I know this to be true because I am taking the summer off and subletting my apartment and I have to be out by Saturday. :). I can't say that I have a favorite pattern and I encourage everyone to be creative. Most of the print pieces have a monkey, bird, butterfly or squirrel in them, so I envision those characters being the main attraction for the block. I like the log-cabin pattern a lot and I also like blocks that are symmetrical. But, again, just have fun and if you have a favorite style, feel free to use that style for the block. I will use the quilt to cover my (red) couch, and the blocks should be 12x12. Thanks and I look forward to seeing all of your creations!

3 comments:

abcgirl said...

hooray! I was just thinking about this the other day and hoping to find out your fabric choices and design ideas soon!

Good luck with your move! (will you include your new address in the packages so we know where to send finished blocks?)

:)
Carissa

One Shabby Chick said...

Fun - can't wait to get your fabrics and get to work on it!

jacquie said...

lisa,
is that 12.5" unfinished for a 12" finished block? i didn't want to make it the wrong size.